Eagle Extras needs a new volunteer (or two) to handle onsite supervision on Wednesdays for the upcoming session. (Our volunteer from last session can’t do it this time). Please help us spread the word! The person would receive a credit for the average price of a class, so they can essentially have their kid take a class for free (or nearly free)! They would be responsible for checking kids in and out, and being available onsite for any issues or emergencies during the class times. The time commitment is 2:25 – 4:10 each Wednesday.
Contact email@example.com if you can help!
Lots of ways to get involved this week!
- Yearbook sales are now live on our online store! $20 – note! 5th Graders do not need to order one, the PTO is!
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 7PM. DivInc Meeting! This meeting will discuss plans for Irving’s African American History Week/Assembly and also details for the Valentine’s Day Loved Ones Dance scheduled for February 14, 2020. All are welcome!
- Eagle Extras Registration Opens Tuesday, January 14th at 8:30 pm and remains open until Wed. January 22nd. The registration link will become active at 8:30 pm on January 14th. Click here to register. Click here for detailed course descriptions, times of classes and pricing.
- COMMUNITY COFFEE: TUESDAY JANUARY 21ST (8:00-8:30am) Mr. Hodge will be holding a CommUNITY Coffee on Tuesday, January 21st from 8-8:30am with coffee and pastries. This will be an informal opportunity for parents & guardians to hear an update regarding happenings at Irving, get to know one another, and provide feedback.
Attention! New this year: Registration starts at night! Registration will open Tuesday, January 14th at 8:30 pm and remain open until Wed. January 22. The registration link will become active at 8:30 pm on January 14th. Click here to register.
All of the details can be found on the Eagle Extras page (found on the top menu, and here).
Curious about the various ways to get involved and feeling like you aren’t really ready to jump all of the way with the PTO? Helping out with some of our smaller projects and events is a great way to dip your toes in and check us out!
And with the new year, and with the holidays over – admit it – you want to! Some great upcoming ways to pitch in:
- Irving DivInc: Next Meeting is on 1/14/2020 and we are planning The Valentine’s Day Loved Ones Dance.
- Fun Fair is coming February 2/22/2020!
- Class Baskets: Organize parents and teachers to provide donations for class baskets and supervise basket auction during fun fair.
- Fun Fair Teacher Parties: Organize teacher and staff donations to silent auction and supervise bids during fun fair. Contact Lauren VanderBerg for more information.
- Right after the Fun Fair, the super fun Online Auction and Parent Parties launches. Like talking to local businesses? Want to organize a party that the PTO will sell tickets to? Contact Michelle Ahring.
Don’t forget! Details on all of our activities can be found on the Getting Involved page.
We’ve added the Bios of our WLP Instructors to the World Language Program page.
WLP Instructor Bios 2020