It’s a cold and snowing start to the week – and we’ll be a bit lonelier later this week with our 5th graders gone for Outdoor Education, but we still have plenty to do to keep us warm!
Tuesday 11/12 8-8:30am CommUNITY Cafe. Mr. Hodge will be holding a CommUNITY Coffee on Tuesday November 12th from 8 – 8:30am with coffee and pastries. This will be an informal opportunity for parents & guardians to hear an update regarding happenings at Irving, get to know one another, and provide feedback.
Wednesday 11/13 – Friday 11/15 5th Grade Outdoor Ed. Trip
Thursday 11/14 7pm Nov. PTO Meeting . Our next PTO meeting will be held on October 14th at 7pm in the Irving Auditorium. We will be holding elections to fill our Co-President Vacancy. As always, all are welcome and childcare is available.
Looking ahead to next week:
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee here at Irving School warmly invites you to partake in a potluck! We are hosting a Taste of Irving to celebrate the many cultures here through food and fellowship. There are several different categories to sign up for, with lots of room to get creative and share dishes that are representative of your family. We are also compiling a playlist of songs for ambiance while we dine, so feel free to comment a song you’d like to add to the rotation. Once you have signed up, you will receive further communication regarding receiving your participants’ packet. Thank you for sharing your talents and tastes with us!
***We ask that all warm/hot dishes be delivered in a crockpot or standard sized catering pan. Please plan for each dish to have a serving size of about 20 people.***
***All dishes and contents of participants’ packet need to arrive at the cafeteria by 6:00 p.m. for setup.***
Feel free to direct any other questions or concerns to: email@example.com
Date: 11/21/2019 (Thu.)
A Message Our Principal:
Dear Irving Families,
Do you have any extra winter clothing that you are willing to donate to the fifth grade outdoor education stock pile? We are looking for larger size coats and winter pants, hats, gloves, sleeping bags and blankets. We would like to have extras on hand for students. Donations can be left in the office until the end of the day on Monday, November 11th.
Thanks for considering!
The Irving community is committed to creating a culture shift with regards to gender and inclusion. This year, our administration, PTO and DivInc have worked together to bring training opportunities to staff and parents and caregivers. We are excited to bring Biz Ryan (http://lrconsultingllc.net/aboutbiz/) as trainer and facilitator to our school community.
Please register for childcare using the link below:
- Tuesday 11/5 7-9 PM – The first of the 2 Gender Inclusion sessions. Details here.
- Thursday 11/7 7-10 PM – TRIVIA NIGHT! Still time to get a team, or go and watch the fun. Huge fundraiser for our 5th Grader’s Outdoor Education trip. Details here.
- Next Weekend: The CAST season begins with a weekend festival of plays and then presents a musical later in the year. Descriptions of the plays can be found here. Purchase your tickets now!
- Not Fit to Print: Friday November 8, 7:30 pm
- Soup du Jour: Saturday November 9, 7:30 pm
- Haymarket 8: Sunday November 10, 7:30 pm
- Also next weekend: 11/9 OPEF’s Super Steam Saturday. Details here.
And looking ahead to the next few weeks, save the dates for:
- Our next PTO meeting on Thursday 11/14 at 7PM (moved to 2nd Thursday due to Trivia Night).
- Turkey Trot on Tuesday, November 19th at 2:00 pm (a fun run for the 3rd through 5th grades).
- Thursday, November 21st at 6:30 pm for DivInc’s first ever Taste of Irving Potluck supper! More Info to Follow Soon.
And, as usual, all of these events are on our calendar!