Guidelines for PTO Expenditures
In order for the PTO Treasurers to maintain accurate records, your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Please remember that the Treasurers are working from a budget that was created by the PTO Executive Board and approved by the PTO. It is not the Treasurers’ sole discretion to determine how funds are allocated. All expenses are discussed at PTO meetings. Expenditures exceeding $1000 require approval by a quorum before the Treasurers are allowed to draft a check.
Please use our tax exempt forms when you can:
Below are a few simple guidelines for making expenditures using PTO funds.
GET APPROVAL, MAKE A PURCHASE, GET REIMBURSED
STEP 1: GET APPROVAL
- BEFORE making a purchase, fill out and submit a Request for Funding Approval form. Forms can be placed in the PTO mailbox (located in the Irving front office), or emailed to the PTO Treasurers at Treasurer@irvingPTO.com. This form is usually completed by Faculty or Committee Chairs to help determine committee budgets, for large purchases, or for record keeping purposes. An email to a PTO board member is NOT a substitute for filling out this form and submitting it.
- IRS Letter with our Federal EIN (20-4013725)
Irving 2017-2022 Tax Exempt Letter
STEP 2: LET’S GO SHOPPING
- Print/Download a copy of the PTO Tax Exemption Letter here.
- Do NOT mix personal purchases with PTO purchases in a single transaction. It is often difficult to distinguish between PTO and personal transactions on a receipt and personal items are NOT tax exempt.
STEP 3: GET REIMBURSED
- Fill out the Request for Reimbursement
- Attach receipt(s) to the form, place in an envelope marked “PTO Request for Reimbursement”, and drop the envelope in the PTO mailbox in the Irving Front Office. Or you can email the form and your documentation to Treasurer@irvingPTO.com
- Submit receipt(s) and form within 30 days from the purchase date (date on receipt).
- The treasurer will draft a check to reimburse you within 5 business days.
MAKING A PAYMENT FOR A PTO SPONSORED ACTIVITY
- Please make all checks out to the “IRVING PTO.”
- Place check or cash and any forms in an envelope; do NOT staple payment to the form.
- Mark the envelope with the activity for which the payment is intended so the appropriate committee chair can identify, retrieve, and process your registration and payment (i.e. Eagle Extra, Birthday book club, Yearbook, etc.)
Thank you for helping us to efficiently serve the Irving community. We look forward to another great year of learning, fellowship, and fun!