About The Diversity and Inclusion Committee – DivInc
Coordinate events and programs that promote a diverse and inclusive educational environment for all Irving students.
2019-2020 Co-Chairs: Mechelle Wesley and Lettie Sullivan
Planner: This role requires the commitment to meet, plan and participate in any given event(s). Please expect to dedicate at least 3hrs+ per month spaced out for various meetings, conference calls and emails. You will be collaborating on a subcommittee until your event completes.
Player/Participant: This role requires you to sign up to participate in DivInc functions. Please expect to pitch in with setup/breakdown and logistical activities, but most of all come and have FUN! Ideally, we all will serve in this way. Time requirement is dependent on the event.
Promoter/Participant: This role requires you to champion, promote, recruit and spread the word about DivInc activities to the Irving community and your neighbors. Come and play with us, bring yourself, family, friends and neighbors to our events to ensure their success. You can do this on your own timetable. Staying informed and attending monthly meetings is good enough.
- Tuesday 1/14 7:00 PM Diversity and Inclusion Committee’s Monthly Meeting
- All are welcome, help us plan our next activities at Irving, childcare available.
- Sunday 1/26 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM Everybody Plays! Inclusive Playdate
- Description: Join us in the Gymnasium!
- Friday 2/14 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Valentine’s Day Loved Ones Dance
- More Information Coming!