Attention! New this year: Registration starts at night! Registration will open Tuesday, January 14th at 8:30 pm and remain open until Wed. January 22. The registration link will become active at 8:30 pm on January 14th. Click here to register.
All of the details can be found on the Eagle Extras page (found on the top menu, and here).
Curious about the various ways to get involved and feeling like you aren’t really ready to jump all of the way with the PTO? Helping out with some of our smaller projects and events is a great way to dip your toes in and check us out!
And with the new year, and with the holidays over – admit it – you want to! Some great upcoming ways to pitch in:
- Irving DivInc: Next Meeting is on 1/14/2020 and we are planning The Valentine’s Day Loved Ones Dance.
- Fun Fair is coming February 2/22/2020!
- Class Baskets: Organize parents and teachers to provide donations for class baskets and supervise basket auction during fun fair.
- Fun Fair Teacher Parties: Organize teacher and staff donations to silent auction and supervise bids during fun fair. Contact Lauren VanderBerg for more information.
- Right after the Fun Fair, the super fun Online Auction and Parent Parties launches. Like talking to local businesses? Want to organize a party that the PTO will sell tickets to? Contact Michelle Ahring.
Don’t forget! Details on all of our activities can be found on the Getting Involved page.
We’ve added the Bios of our WLP Instructors to the World Language Program page.
WLP Instructor Bios 2020
Happy New Year Irving! Here’s the scoop for this week. More updates here! https://mailchi.mp/830449f5e8ea/irving-update-4121389?e=d49739bbff
- Thursday 1/9/2020: PTO Meeting 7pm
Our next PTO meeting will be held on Thursday, January 9th, 2020 at 7pm in the Irving Auditorium. While there is no learning session for this meeting, we will be discussing upcoming Spring events, activities and finances, as well as, volunteer needs. All are welcome and childcare is always available!
- Tuesday 1/14/2020: DIVINC Meeting
DIVINC will host its first meeting of 2020 next Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 7PM. This meeting will discuss plans for Irving’s African American History Week/Assembly and also details for the Valentine’s Day Loved Ones Dance scheduled for February 14, 2020. All are welcome!
Activity Sign Up:
- World Language Program Starts Next Week! The World Language Program at Irving School is an introduction to different languages and cultures. In these classes, students will learn basic communication vocabulary. The relaxed class environment will help students overcome their apprehension to speak a foreign language. Language skills will grow over years of instruction.
WLP will run for 12 weeks from January 13, 2020 through April 17, 2020. The fee for WLP will be $130 for one child, $240 for 2 children or 2 languages. Scholarships are available. Online Registration is Open at www.irvingpto.com.
Busy right up until the bell rings on Friday!
- Tonight!! Tuesday 12/17 7:00 PM Diversity and Inclusion Committee’s Monthly Meeting
All are welcome, help us plan our next activities at Irving, childcare available.
- Irving is having a Toy Drive and a Coat & Sock Drive until Friday December 20th!
- World Language Program Enrollment is going on. Details here. Classes start 1/13/2020. And French class is now offered too!
Looking ahead to January – our first PTO Meeting of the new year will be 1/9/2020 and Eagle Extras Registration will happen for the Spring session.
Have a great break everyone!