The Irving community is committed to creating a culture shift with regards to gender and inclusion. This year, our administration, PTO and DivInc have worked together to bring training opportunities to staff and parents and caregivers. We are excited to bring Biz Ryan (http://lrconsultingllc.net/aboutbiz/) as trainer and facilitator to our school community.
Please register for childcare using the link below:
- Tuesday 11/5 7-9 PM – The first of the 2 Gender Inclusion sessions. Details here.
- Thursday 11/7 7-10 PM – TRIVIA NIGHT! Still time to get a team, or go and watch the fun. Huge fundraiser for our 5th Grader’s Outdoor Education trip. Details here.
- Next Weekend: The CAST season begins with a weekend festival of plays and then presents a musical later in the year. Descriptions of the plays can be found here. Purchase your tickets now!
- Not Fit to Print: Friday November 8, 7:30 pm
- Soup du Jour: Saturday November 9, 7:30 pm
- Haymarket 8: Sunday November 10, 7:30 pm
- Also next weekend: 11/9 OPEF’s Super Steam Saturday. Details here.
And looking ahead to the next few weeks, save the dates for:
- Our next PTO meeting on Thursday 11/14 at 7PM (moved to 2nd Thursday due to Trivia Night).
- Turkey Trot on Tuesday, November 19th at 2:00 pm (a fun run for the 3rd through 5th grades).
- Thursday, November 21st at 6:30 pm for DivInc’s first ever Taste of Irving Potluck supper! More Info to Follow Soon.
And, as usual, all of these events are on our calendar!
Hey Irving, Trivia Night is this Thursday at 7 pm! Come out for a great night of fun, food and friends! There is still time to sign up a team or to sign up as individuals and form a team on site! Only $50 for food, drinks and entertainment. Proceeds benefit the 5th Grade Outdoor Education Trip!!
Save and Print the Flyer below!
All parents/grandparents/caregivers are welcome (and encouraged) to attend our upcoming gender and inclusion training. Childcare will be available, and parents can rsvp here, especially if you need childcare so we can ensure adequate caregivers are provided: https://tinyurl.com/yy9drbx8
The trainings are presented by the PTO and DivInc. Our purpose is to support our community members with transgender and gender-expansive children (children who do not feel like they are the gender they were assigned at birth, who do not want to dress or act in ways that are typical with their assigned gender) and promote a culture shift at Irving towards gender inclusiveness.
Earlier this school year, teachers completed a two-part training. They have had positive feedback regarding those trainings, and I encourage parents to ask their children’s teachers about those personally.
Thanks for your support in this endeavor, and ensuring our community continually does better by our students. Thank you for showing up to do the work.
Marisa Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org