Hello Irving Families,
Event: Uniquely You Tea PartyThe “Uniquely You Tea Party” is a culturally responsive gathering for girls that identify as Black, ages 8 -11 and are enrolled in the Oak Park, District 97 Elementary Schools. This event offers a safe space for Black girls to tell their stories, engage with other Black girls, while learning to cooperate in group settings. The girls will learn conflict resolution skills and positive ways to build lasting friendships. In this space our goal is that each girl will be affirmed and leave feeling celebrated and empowered!Register your little girl for the event here –> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/uniquely-you-tea-party-tickets-92200051837?aff=ebdssbeacNote: We are also looking for black women to help facilitate a discussion with a group of girls at a tea table. To inquire or sign-up, please email Juantagriffin@yahoo.com
But first – Diversity and Inclusion Committee’s Monthly Meeting
Tomorrow Tuesday, February 11 at 7 pm
All are welcome, help us plan our next activities including the Loved Ones Dance and the African American History Assembly, childcare available.
Please use this link to RSVP:
Volunteer Link to Help (1/2 Hour Slots Available, Food and Drink Donations and More):
Was your New Years Resolution to get more involved with the fantastic staff and parent volunteers at Irving? If so, you are in luck!
We have a great variety of ways for you to help out – no matter what your time commitment or availability! Check out these! And let us know if you have any questions!
WANT TO ATTEND MEETINGS FOR LATEST AND SHARE YOUR VOICE AND EXPERTISE?
- Thursday 2/6/2020: Our next PTO meeting will be held on February 6th at 7 pm in the Irving Auditorium. As always, all are welcome and childcare is available.
- Tuesday 2/11/2020: Diversity and Inclusion Committee’s Monthly Meeting
Tuesday, February 11 at 7 pm All are welcome, help us plan our next activities including the Loved Ones Dance and the African American History Assembly, childcare available.
WANT TO HELP OUT DURING THE SCHOOL DAY?
- Zero Waste Lunch: Volunteers needed during lunch hour (11:30 am – 12:25 pm) to guide kids through composting and recycling. Only a one hour commitment whenever it is convenient for your schedule! The kids love seeing their parents in the lunchroom! Please sign up here:
WANT TO HELP OUT DURING THE LOVED ONES DANCE AT NIGHT?
Friday 2/14/2020: The Loved Ones Dance 7 pm to 9 pm is an inclusive event designed to celebrate our many unique and diverse families at Irving. We encourage students to come celebrate with their loved ones in an atmosphere that promotes acceptance and kindness to all.
Please use this link to RSVP:
Volunteer Link to Help (1/2 Hour Slots Available and More):
CAN’T VOLUNTEER ON WEEKDAYS OR NIGHTS BUT WEEKENDS OKAY?
- Saturday 2/22/2020 11 am to 2 pm. Irving Fun Fair 2020. The fun fair can not succeed without our amazing volunteers! Please sign up to run a station of some kind. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a094daba62caa8-irving
HAVE NO TIME TO VOLUNTEER BUT CAN BAKE OR DONATE?
- The Loved Ones Dance needs snacks and things! Going to Costco? Look at this list first! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4fa8ac22a1f85-loved .
- Bring a dessert for the Fun Fair for “dancing with desserts” Dancing for Desserts is part of the Irving Fun Fair. Think guest djs, smooth moves and delicious prizes! We’ll need bakers (and those wiling to work the tables). All Desserts are welcome but for those who like a little competition…..New this year – Best in Show Awards! Details here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a094daba62caa8-irving
- The Irving Online Silent Auction is Coming Sunday, February 23rd @ Noon!
We will be auctioning off donated items such as tickets to sporting events and theaters, services & goods. Also, tickets to Irving Parent Parties will be sold. If you can: * Donate an item * Donate Tickets * Donate a Service * Host a Party * Ask your company to donate Please reach out to Michelle Ahring at email@example.com ASAP.
CAN’T DONATE, VOLUNTEER OR BAKE BUT TOOK SOME CUTE PHOTOS?
- Please send any submissions (classroom parties, field trips, first day, assemblies, more) to Alison Price Askham at firstname.lastname@example.org by mid- February to meet our deadlines!
Irving Fun Fair February 22, 2020 10-2
Welcome to volunteer central!
The fun fair can not succeed without our amazing volunteers!
Please sign up to run a station of some kind
AND/OR…..bring a dessert for “dancing with desserts”
Dancing for Desserts is part of the Irving Fun Fair. Think guest djs, smooth moves and delicious prizes! We’ll need bakers and those wiling to work the tables.
All Desserts are welcome but for those who like a little competition…..
New this year – Best in Show Awards!
- School Spirit Dessert
- Most Creative
- Best Superhero Dessert
- Happiest Dessert
You can drop off your dessert the morning of the Fun Fair starting at 9:00 a.m. Please note if your dessert includes nuts. One prize should consist of 12 cupcakes, 12 bars, 24 cookies, 1 cake or 1 pie. If you are willing to bring a donation, please sign up below.
Bring it, Irving!
If you have questions, email Kara Sakellaris at email@example.com