Though some classes have filled up, there are still spots in Kick-ball and Cheer Club! Don’t delay in signing your children up! Details here: https://irvingpto.com/eagle-extras/.
Our Irving Open House/Curriculum night is September 11th from 6:30-8:30.
6:30-6:55 Kindergarten, Ms. Vella, and 1st grade
7:00-7:25 2nd grade & Ms. Jirka’s class
7:30-7:55 3rd grade
7:55-8:25 4th grade, 5th grade, & Ms. Mohammad’s class
** Art, Music, Physical Education, and Support Staff will be available in their classrooms/offices from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Childcare will be provided during curriculum presentations
Pre-school aged children in the cafeteria
Grades K-5 in the auditorium with a movie
Students must be supervised by an adult at all times if not in childcare.
We will also be able to do the district background checks for field trips. See details here:
See you Wednesday!
Eagle Extra updates: Little Bits Fine Arts Summer Snapshot on Wednesday will now run! WOO HOO! Thanks Ms. Tague! Thank you for generously giving up your room for use by this class. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you. An updated chart is attached here. And course descriptions are up on https://irvingpto.com/eagle-extras/
Registration starts tomorrow (Thursday 9/5) morning at 9:00 am.
Questions? Let us know. Ask here or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email address is run by Kate Fishburne and Kelli Harsch.
So much going on this week and so many opportunities to welcome our new families!
- Wednesday 9/4 6:30 to 8:30pm New Family Orientation and Welcome Dinner. All families new to our Irving Community are invited to join us for a pizza dinner followed by a presentation by Principal Hodge and the PTO to follow. Childcare provided. Current Irving families sign up to help here.
- Thursday 9/5 9:00am Eagle Extras registration starts. For details on registration, class offerings and a link to the descriptions visit the Eagle Extras page.
- Thursday 9/5 7:00pm PTO Meeting: Please join us at 7pm on Thursday night for this year’s first PTO meeting. We will be meeting in the auditorium this year (easier to find, and a bigger screen!), and will have childcare in the library (as the community room is now a classroom). Ms. Mura will be speaking at the beginning of our meeting on Bullying vs. Social Conflict: the differences and how to support your child with either situation.
- Friday 9/6 5:00pm Movie Night and Back To School Party at Barrie Park. Come out for our neighborhood viewing of Paddington 2 under the night sky at Barrie Park. Movie starts at dusk, but come earlier if you want to celebrate Back to School with the Irving School PTO. Pizza, music and fun will be on hand. (As always, weather and field conditions permitting.) 5th Grade Families: Sign up to help here.
- Saturday 9/7 12:00 to 5:00pm BarrieFest! Join us for fun, food, and friendship in Barrie Park! Activities include: Bounce house & obstacle course for all ages,
Climbing wall, Legacy Sports multi-sport madness, Food from Carnivore and Knockout Cafe, Live music, Fire truck visit, Oak Park Library, Organization & business fair, Bike registration by Oak Park Police. See you there!