|The Irving PTO Board has voted to allocate funds to help ease hardship our community is facing due to Covid-19 also known as the Coronavirus. We realize that many families will not be receiving income and may struggle during this time.
Effective immediately, we are offering gift cards to ANYONE in need of financial assistance who has a student at Irving.
- You do not need to be a participant in the free and reduced lunch program to apply, this is for anyone who needs it.
- All applicants will be kept confidential. Only the PTO President and Treasurer will have access.
- Due to safety and confidentiality, the gift card will be emailed to you.
- We have assembled a list of stores (Amazon, Big Guys, Chipotle, CVS, Instacart, Panera and Target) that you can request. We will do our best to honor your preference, but ask for flexibility.
- Applications are taken weekly, please apply by Monday at 5pm for delivery by Friday.
- You can apply every week as needed.
Our intention is to offer this program as long as we have the funds and our community is in need.
In addition, we have created a PTO donation fund to support families impacted by COVID-19 pandemic. If you are able to help support your fellow Irving families, no amount is too small to donate.
For more support: The Community Mental Health Board and Oak Park and River Forest Townships have put together a COVID-19 Social Services Resource Guide, which is available at https://tinyurl.com/oprfguide.
Thank you all so much for your support and care for each other as we navigate these times.
Sincerely, Your Irving PTO Board