So much going on this week and so many opportunities to welcome our new families!
- Wednesday 9/4 6:30 to 8:30pm New Family Orientation and Welcome Dinner. All families new to our Irving Community are invited to join us for a pizza dinner followed by a presentation by Principal Hodge and the PTO to follow. Childcare provided. Current Irving families sign up to help here.
- Thursday 9/5 9:00am Eagle Extras registration starts. For details on registration, class offerings and a link to the descriptions visit the Eagle Extras page.
- Thursday 9/5 7:00pm PTO Meeting: Please join us at 7pm on Thursday night for this year’s first PTO meeting. We will be meeting in the auditorium this year (easier to find, and a bigger screen!), and will have childcare in the library (as the community room is now a classroom). Ms. Mura will be speaking at the beginning of our meeting on Bullying vs. Social Conflict: the differences and how to support your child with either situation.
- Friday 9/6 5:00pm Movie Night and Back To School Party at Barrie Park. Come out for our neighborhood viewing of Paddington 2 under the night sky at Barrie Park. Movie starts at dusk, but come earlier if you want to celebrate Back to School with the Irving School PTO. Pizza, music and fun will be on hand. (As always, weather and field conditions permitting.) 5th Grade Families: Sign up to help here.
- Saturday 9/7 12:00 to 5:00pm BarrieFest! Join us for fun, food, and friendship in Barrie Park! Activities include: Bounce house & obstacle course for all ages,
Climbing wall, Legacy Sports multi-sport madness, Food from Carnivore and Knockout Cafe, Live music, Fire truck visit, Oak Park Library, Organization & business fair, Bike registration by Oak Park Police. See you there!