The Irving PTO is excited for another amazing Fun Run! This healthy event is one of the PTO’s biggest fundraisers of the year and we need your help to make it happen! The Fun Run is on October 22 during the school day.
Help your child raise donations of money through small or large flat pledges. We’re teaching students how to be active for a cause, while achieving our budget goals together! The PTO needs your support to achieve the goals for this big fundraiser. Over the last two years we’ve raised $20,000 in profit for school activities and our overall goal this year is $13,000.
Look for the pledge envelope coming home in the Tuesday Packet this week.
The pledge envelope has instructions on how to collect donations with cash, checks or online.
- Your child can start asking friends and family for donations today!
- Once you’re done collecting donations, please return the envelope and money to your child’s teacher or put it in the locked PTO mailbox in the school’s front office.
- Your child can collect a combination of donations online and with cash or checks.
- (Please note that the PTO keeps more money with cash and checks due to online processing fees, but we’re thrilled to offer an online option to make it easier to donate.)
- Checks should be made payable to “Irving PTO.” Please make sure your child’s name is noted so the student and their classroom receive credit for funds raised.
- Donations are due on the day of the Fun Run, October 22.
On October 22, all students will run in the Fun Run, regardless of how much they pledged. There are prizes for the top earners in the school and in classrooms. All students have a starting goal of $30, but many choose a higher amount for themselves. Prizes include:
- Students that raise $30 or more receive a School Spirit Store certificate!
- The top pledging student in the school will receive a Fitness Pack with cool things in it!
- The top 5 pledging students in the school will get a gift certificate for a free lunch!
- The top pledging student in each classroom will get to be the gym teacher for their class one day!
- The classroom that raises the most will get a Recess Pack with super fun stuff!
To register your child for online donations, go to: thegetmovincrew.com and look for “Washington Irving School.”
If you have questions about the Fun Run or the online registration system or if you want to help volunteer, please contact Hilary Klein (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Laura Crawford (email@example.com).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!