Many of you may know Lydia Villanueva, an Irving mom and owner of Tan Travel. Over the last 15 years, Lydia has been extremely generous with her time and talent in our community, and has served as a volunteer or leader with numerous organizations, including serving on the boards of the Southtown Business Association (president), the Business Association Council for the Village of Oak Park, the WSWE (West Suburban Women Entrepreneurs) and volunteering with groups such as the Irving School PTO, SEOPCO (South East Oak Park Community Organization), OPALGA (Oak Park Area Lesbian and Gay Association) and the Oak Park Chamber of Commerce.
Lydia’s husband Domingo Soto was diagnosed two months ago with an advanced stage of multiple myeloma. He’s now being treated at Loyola and Domingo’s doctors are hopeful that he will respond to new and aggressive treatment options, which include chemotherapy and a stem-cell transplant. However, these therapies are extremely expensive and are expected to cost the family $50,000 after insurance. Lydia is struggling to keep her business going while supporting Domingo through his many rounds of chemo.
Friends of the family are looking for help with any or all of these things:
* Attend the fundraiser on April 26, 6-10pm, at PapaSpiros Greek Taverna, 733 Lake St. in Oak Park ($25 at the door or gain entry by contributing $20 online in advance – see “direct donations” below)
* Contribute items to the silent auction (see attached flyer)
* Sell raffle tickets in advance (contact Jim Kelly for tickets to sell)
* Purchase raffle tickets at the event or in advance (contact Jim Kelly for tickets to buy)
* Direct donations – a donation of $20 or more is also entrance to the fundraiser (details here: http://www.sotofamilyfundraiser.bbnow.org)
* Visit the Facebook page for ongoing information: http://www.facebook.com/LoveForLydia
Attached are (1) a letter that solicits contributions and (2) a flyer promoting the fundraising event. There is also a website where contributions can be made through PayPal: www.sotofamilyfundraiser.bbnow.org