We hope you can join us for the May PTO meeting, which is this week on Thursday, May 3, at 6:30 in the Media Center/Library. As always, free childcare is provided.
Final nominations for officers of next year’s PTO Executive Board will be accepted up until the time of the vote at this meeting. Current nominations are:
2 Co-Presidents – Jodie Ackerman, Laura Crawford;
1st Vice President (Volunteers) – Julie Chyna;
2nd Vice President (Finance) – Tom Purrenhage;
3rd Vice President (Communication) – Elizabeth Kocs;
Treasurer – Barbara Hoffman;
2 Co-Secretaries – Gloria Cockerill, Bharathi Jayaram
This month the PTO meeting includes a presentation by the Oak Park Arts District (OPAD) Summer Arts Camps on what programs they offer. We will do a short update on the main activities coming up for the end of school. We will vote on limited changes to the PTO By-Laws, with an eye toward more changes in the future. You can review those changes here (in the Documents section of the PTO website).
Note: We have added one more PTO general meeting to the calendar this year. That will be on Thursday, May 31, at 6:30pm.
We hope to see you there. If you are unable to attend and would like to discuss anything on the agenda, please contact Laura Crawford at email@example.com, Jodie Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org, or any of the other PTO board members (click here for contact info).
Irving School PTO
Agenda for Monthly Meeting
May 3, 2012
Irving Media Center/Library
- Presentation by the Oak Park Arts District (OPAD) Summer Arts Camps (15 minutes)
- Final call for nominations for PTO Officers for the 2012-2013 school year prior to vote during this meeting (5 minutes) [Nominees are: 2 Co-Presidents – Jodie Ackerman, Laura Crawford; 1st Vice President (Volunteers) – Julie Chyna; 2nd Vice President (Finance) – Tom Purrenhage; 3rd Vice President (Communication) – Elizabeth Kocs; Treasurer – Barbara Hoffman; 2 Co-Secretaries – Gloria Cockerill, Bharathi Jayaram.]
- Principal’s Report (20 minutes)
- Treasurer’s Report (10 minutes)
- Committee Reports: (15 minutes)
- Box Tops update
- Wellness update
- Event report: Tasty Dog
- Upcoming event: Teacher Appreciation lunch, May 11
- Upcoming event: Different Together potluck dinner, May 11
- Upcoming event: Taste of Irving dinner, May 18
- Upcoming event: Staff-v-Parents softball game, May 25
- Upcoming event: End of Year School Party, June 1
- Note updated activity dates on PTO calendar online
- Other committee reports
- Votes (10 minutes)
- Vote for PTO Officers for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Vote to approve/deny $1500 towards the cost of a PTO financial review and required report filings.
- Vote to approve/deny the cost of a float for the Ethnic Festival.
- Status of installation of new lettering for an Irving School sign.
- Review and vote on proposed changes to PTO By-Laws (10 minutes)
- Eagle Extras update (10 minutes)
- Note: Additional PTO general meeting set for May 31, 2012
- Approve minutes from 4/5/12
- All other business
(Note: Teacher’s Reports will be presented every other month: September, November, January, April, May.)