The Fun Run, one of our biggest fundraisers of the year, is October 22 and students are collecting donations NOW! Pledge envelopes went home with instructions.
To collect pledges online, register at http://www.thegetmovincrew.com/.
Students can also collect cash or checks (payable to “Irving PTO”). Cash/checks should be returned in the pledge envelope or in a regular envelope with the student’s name and teacher’s name. Please bring envelopes to the teacher or to the Irving PTO mailbox in the front office before October 22 once they’re done collecting pledges.
Prizes will be awarded and classrooms are competing against each other for the most pledges! You can track the school’s progress with online donations here.
If you have questions about the Fun Run or the online registration system, or if you want to help volunteer, please contact Hilary Klein (email@example.com) or Laura Crawford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for supporting Irving School!
Mark your calendars NOW for Irving’s annual Winter Concerts!
Wednesday, December 17, Kindergarten and First Grades, 8:15 & 9:45
Thursday, December 18, Second and Third Grades, 8:15 & 9:45
Friday, December 19, Fourth and Fifth Grades and Chorus, 8:15 & 9:45
Each concert is performed twice to accommodate our large audiences and growing school!!
The Irving PTO is excited for another amazing Fun Run! This healthy event is one of the PTO’s biggest fundraisers of the year and we need your help to make it happen! The Fun Run is on October 22 during the school day.
Help your child raise donations of money through small or large flat pledges. We’re teaching students how to be active for a cause, while achieving our budget goals together! The PTO needs your support to achieve the goals for this big fundraiser. Over the last two years we’ve raised $20,000 in profit for school activities and our overall goal this year is $13,000.
Look for the pledge envelope coming home in the Tuesday Packet this week.
The pledge envelope has instructions on how to collect donations with cash, checks or online.
- Your child can start asking friends and family for donations today!
- Once you’re done collecting donations, please return the envelope and money to your child’s teacher or put it in the locked PTO mailbox in the school’s front office.
- Your child can collect a combination of donations online and with cash or checks.
- (Please note that the PTO keeps more money with cash and checks due to online processing fees, but we’re thrilled to offer an online option to make it easier to donate.)
- Checks should be made payable to “Irving PTO.” Please make sure your child’s name is noted so the student and their classroom receive credit for funds raised.
- Donations are due on the day of the Fun Run, October 22.
On October 22, all students will run in the Fun Run, regardless of how much they pledged. There are prizes for the top earners in the school and in classrooms. All students have a starting goal of $30, but many choose a higher amount for themselves. Prizes include:
- Students that raise $30 or more receive a School Spirit Store certificate!
- The top pledging student in the school will receive a Fitness Pack with cool things in it!
- The top 5 pledging students in the school will get a gift certificate for a free lunch!
- The top pledging student in each classroom will get to be the gym teacher for their class one day!
- The classroom that raises the most will get a Recess Pack with super fun stuff!
To register your child for online donations, go to: thegetmovincrew.com and look for “Washington Irving School.”
If you have questions about the Fun Run or the online registration system or if you want to help volunteer, please contact Hilary Klein (email@example.com) or Laura Crawford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
As many of you know, on the last day of school, Tuesday, June 10th, the staff performs an End of the Year Dance. This year there is a twist! There will also be some student participation!
The Performance will begin at 2pm. Please see the staging/seating map attached. This year we will ask that parents sit in the section behind the grade level your students are in. (If you have multiple students, just choose one!) so that you have prime view of your very own young stars! The seating areas will also be marked for your convenience.
In case of rain, the dance will be in the upstairs gym and everyone is welcome to come there.
Students will be dismissed by teachers from their usual exits, so please meet them there. If it rains, parents are welcome to wait in the auditorium after the dance before dismissal.
Look forward to seeing you there!!!
This has been such a wonderful year! Thank you to you and your fantastic kids!
We hope you can join us for the last PTO meeting of the year, which is this week on Thursday, May 29 at 6:30pm in the Library/Media Center on the second floor. As always, free child care is provided.
We hope to see you there. If you are unable to attend and would like to discuss anything on the agenda, please contact Laura Crawford at email@example.com, Jodie Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeff Wallichs at email@example.com, or any of the other PTO board members (click here for contact info).
Irving School PTO
Agenda for Monthly Meeting
May 29, 2014
Irving Media Center Library
- Vote to approve/deny creation of PTO board position of Assistant Treasurer (5 minutes)
- Election of new PTO board members* (5 minutes)
- Principal’s Report (30 minutes)
- Treasurer’s Report (5 minutes)
- Vote to approve/deny the purchase of items presented, totaling approximately $11,000 (15 minutes)
- Presentation of revised PTO By-Laws (10 minutes)
- Garden shed update (10 minutes)
- Committee Reports: (20 minutes)
- End of Year Party: Friday, June 6
- Event recap: Sleepover
- Event recap: Ethnic Parade
- Event recap: Staff Appreciation
- Event recap: Art Fest/Poetry Slam
- Event recap: Family Math Night
- Event recap: Softball Game
- Other committee reports
- Eagle Extras Update (5 minutes)
- Summer planning, reflections, suggestions for next year (10 minutes)
- Expanded role for communications
- Approve minutes from 5/1/14
- All other business
* Nominations for open positions may be accepted until the time of the vote. Nominations received to date are:
1 x Co-President: Lori McConnell
1 x Co-Treasurer (Assistant Treasurer): Wynne Lacey
1 x Vice President (General): Hannah O’Connor